Amanda Walkins (www.amandawalkins.com) makes every effort to ensure all information provided on this website is accurate, complete, and reliable at the time of writing. No guarantees can be made about any third-party services or websites. All blogs are dated so you can reference the length of time that has passed since writing.
Www.amandawalkins.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can rest assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Amanda Walkins may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You can always check this page for updates or changes. This policy is effective from May 25, 2018.
Who are we?
This website address is https://www.amandawalkins.com
The information we might collect is as follows:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- A record of any electronic correspondence between us, including comments, contact forms, or emails.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
How we use the information you provide:
We collect information about you to email you updates we think may be of interest to you. We, sometimes, use your information collected from the website to personalize your repeat visits to our website. This enables us to:
- Help us to develop this site to be more useful and interesting to you.
- Improve the services that we provide to you via our website by continually analysing the site design and traffic information, so we can improve site content and design.
You can access your personal information that we do hold and you can update or delete the information at any time.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Lawful Basis for processing personal data
We want to be able to share updates with you that we feel will be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these mailings, you can decline them by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email or by contacting us at any time by email at [email protected]
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
This list of third-party applications may be amended from time to time at the website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Data is only held and exchanged where necessary and all parties involved have demonstrated, and will be required to continually demonstrate, GDPR compliance.
How long will we store your data?
Any comments made are maintained indefinitely on the website. Information you provide in order to receive updates and newsletters will be kept unless or until you unsubscribe from receiving those communications.
Your rights under GDPR
You can unsubscribe from newsletters at any time. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email or by contacting us at any time by email at [email protected]
You have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of, or correction of your personal data held by us at no cost to you
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- To be informed of what data processing is taking place
- To restrict processing
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- To complain to a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
Affiliate Program Participation
The website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. There is no additional cost to you for any purchases made through these links.
Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.